understanding media

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the forum for the Oxford Brookes University module U75102 Understanding Media.  The forum is currently closed.

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: The Matrix and its paradoxes  (Read 2854 times)

Negon Neglosky

• View Profile
The Matrix and its paradoxes
« on: October 24, 2014, 01:47:01 pm »

The Matrix is an upside down world. It states that what we believe to be the true world is nothing more than a simulation, similar to a mirrors game, where the point of view of the narration creates the paradox. Therefore, the truth is outside the Matrix, in the real world.

At this stage of my reasoning I came up with several brain-stimulating questions, I thought would be ideal and interesting to share.

Who is telling the story, is doing it from an external or internal point of view of the Matrix?

Does it really exist an objective description of the Matrix which is not inside the Matrix?

Do the Matrix characters have the chance to live in another way, apart from dreaming?

« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 01:50:17 pm by Negon Neglosky »

• View Profile
Re: The Matrix and its paradoxes
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 02:36:43 pm »

In answer to your third question :"Do the Matrix characters have the chance to live in another way, apart from dreaming?", i 'll say it s depend depend what you mean by the matrix characters and what do you mean by living.

If the matrix characters are the humain that the matrix use as piles than yes, they will be able to live apart than dreaming. If you're talking about the character made by the matrix, well they will not be able to live out of the matrix except if robot are creat to receive them.

Now about the living part. Technically they are able to live out of the dream world the matrix put them in. If you hear the word living as a way to experiment new things, see the world, go in other country... I will say that there are not able to do it in another way than in dream. The world is completely destroy, human can't live this type of life out of the matrix. 
Pages: [1]